Katchalot Fishing (7 hrs)
Our dedicated small fishing boat that is ideal for small families and popular with keen anglers.
Katchalot is a 25’ centre console which is available for 3,4 or 7-hour charters.
Katchalot is rigged with light tackle gear, hand lines for bottom bashing and casting rods. She fishes the inshore currents as well as on the outer fringes of the main barrier reef (weather permitting). Katchalot charters are provided with Shimano Trynos 20 & 30 lbs reels and because she does not feature a game chair all fishing is via stand-up rigs. The crew can target inshore shallow-depth species such as mahi mahi, wahoo and narrow barreled (Spanish) mackerel, help you caste for GT’s and set up your handlines to fish for reef fish such as coral trout. Katchalot is capable of fishing the edges of the main barrier reef for those elusive GTs and at times gets the occasional yellow fin tuna.
Your charter rate includes the vessel hire with captain plus a crew member.
At A Glance
- Katchalot is a 25ft Centre Console available for up to 4 anglers on fishing charters
- Types of fishing: light inshore trolling, casting, handline
- Experienced local crew! Charter includes captains and deckhand
- We supply bottled water and snacks (crisps & seasonal fruits); BYO alcohol and preferred nibbles
- On 7-hours charters we also provide light lunch catering of sandwiches/wraps and something sweet
- Departs Port Denarau Marina or we can pick you up from the beach at your Denarau Island Resort